Looking for a last minute prank idea that's quick and easy to pull off? If so, perhaps this Google language settings prank is what you need.
- Time (low) - takes little to no time changing your vitcim's Google language settings.
- Cost (low) - no cost at all.
- Risk (low) - you're really not risking anything except messing up your coworker's Google page, but it's easy to reverse so you should be fine.
- When your coworker leave's their computer for a moment, hop onto it and head to the Google search page.
- Click on the "preferences" link next to the Google search box.
- Change the interface language at the top to something fun (such as Elmer Fudd or Hacker)
When your coworker gets back to their desk, the next time they pull up a Google search they will be greeted with the results of your prank. Depending on the language you set, the effect will range from obvious and over-the-top to subtle and perhaps not even noticeable for awhile.
Keep in mind that this only changes the Google interface language, not the actual search results. This may lead them to believe that it's Google pulling the prank, thus making them think they have to deal with it for awhile.
[tags]office prank, April Fool's prank, Google prank[/tags]