Does your coworker have a special mug, plant, or other desk object that you think should be kidnapped? If so, this prank is for you.
- Time (low) - takes very little time to "kidnap" something from your coworker and create a ransom note for it.
- Cost (none) - this prank won't cost you a thing.
- Risk (low) - there's very little risk with this prank. As long as your coworker doesn't go completely berzerk when you take their favorite item, nobody should get hurt.
- Create a ransom note for your coworker's object. It's best to make it by cutting out the letters from magazines just like they do it in the movies. It will take more time to do it this way, but it'll be worth it. The first ransom note should just say that you've got their object and that a list of demands will follow. Do not include your name.
- Take a picture of the object then take it and leave the note on their desk or chair.
- Create another ransom note that will include the photo and a list of demands. Some fun demands include making them say "I'm a happy person" out loud three times, telling them to leave exactly 42 cents in pennies on the water cooler while counting them out loud, and to have them change their desktop wallpaper to a picture of the band Hansen.
- Once they've met the list of demands, put back the object where you got it and leave a final note that says something along the lines of "I've returned your precious [name of the object]. Don't let it happen again."
The great thing about this prank is that if your coworker really cherishes the thing you take, you should be able to get them to do some pretty hilarious stunts. I mentioned a few funny ones above, but you should be able to come up with many more fun hoops for your victim to jump through. Most of the demands should entail having your coworker do some form of public humilation, such as the "I'm a happy person" out loud gag.
Also, once the prank is done, the victim is left with a note telling them to "not let it happen again". This will make them think they actually did something to make you take the object. They'll struggle to try and figure out who they pissed off. They may even think they figured it out and actually go up to different people to apologize thinking it was them.
[tags]prank, office prank, work humor, gag, ransom[/tags]